Are you looking to get out of the elements for your shooting experience? Tired of the 100+ degree weather or the chill of winter creeping into your bones? Come to the Copper Star and shoot, sight in a new gun or practice your marksmanship in comfort! We offer a selection of range services. Additionally, we provide accessories for both archery and firearms enthusiasts.
- 25 Yard Indoor Pistol Range
- 50 Yard Indoor Archery Range
- The ONLY 100 Yard Indoor Rifle Range in Arizona!
Don’t have a gun or bow of your own? Don’t worry, we have a wide variety of firearms you can rent – some even fully automatic! Whether you’ve never shot before in your life, you’re an experienced shooter or hunter, or just want to have some fun…there’s a place for you at the Copper Star.
Sign up sheets for this course are in the foyer of the range. If you’d like to sign up but don’t have time to come down, call us at 928-567-5300.
Class Requirements are:
- Be a resident of this state or a United States citizen;
- Is twenty-one years of age or older or is at least nineteen years of age and provides evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States Armed Forces, United States Armed Forces Reserve or a State National Guard.
- not be under indictment for a felony offense;
- not be convicted of a felony offense, unless the conviction has been expunged, set aside, vacated or pardoned, or the individuals right to possess firearms has be restored AND the individual must not be a prohibited possessor under state or federal law.
- not suffer from mental illness and been adjudicated mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution;
- not be unlawfully present in the United States;
- complete a firearms safety training program pursuant to ARS §13-3112.N.
- Basic Knowledge of your handgun fundamentals
Class Materials YOU NEED TO BRING: A positive attitude, your handgun, and at least 100 rounds of ammunition.
We are hosting American Spartan Protection at the Copper Star!
We are offering a defensive pistol training course that focuses on advanced pistol manipulation techniques, drills, and order of arms that will help you become faster, better, and more proficient with your firearms. We provide the inside, instruction, methodology, and mindset in the use of your handgun. Lots of lead down range, great instruction, awesome training, without the arrogance you’d find in some training institutions.THIS IS NOT A BASIC COURSE. You -MUST- have basic pistol operating and safety skills prior to taking this course! This is a TWO DAYcourse!
Safe Operating Handgun of .38 caliber, 9mm, .40 caliber, or .45 ACP caliber, or other approved handgun.
Magazines: 3 large capacity magazines, or 5 single stack.
Ammunition: 500 rounds.
Holster: Strong directional draw only. Must have retention and securely fastened outside blet. No cross draw or behind the back, no shoulder or ankle holsters.
Magazine Carrier Pouches – Magazine pouches must have a retention device.
Eye & ear Protection, baseball style cap.
Appropriate Clothing – No Shorts, V-necks or tank-tops.
Water, lunch, snacks.